Friday, May 4, 2007

De La Hoya/ Mayweather 24/7

Tonight I watched the series of HBO documentaries hyping the big fight between Oscar De La Hoya and Floyd Mayweather. I really enjoyed watching the series... I am still not going to buy the fight.

Styles make fights:I don't see these two having a great fight. An interesting fight a somewhat intriguing fight maybe, but a great fight?...I have a hard time seeing it. Mayweather specializes in boring whitewash decisions (that's a credit to his talent, by the way) while De La Hoya has a history of enigmatic performances.

Who's on the undercard : I have purchased UFC events on Pay Per view when I have had little interest in the main event, but two or three bouts on the undercard have captured my attention. With all the hype about Oscar vs Floyd I have seen absolutely nothing about the rest of the card. Boxing promoters need to understand that if they are going to get $50 of my money they are going to have to provide me with three hours of quality action.

No comments: