Sunday, February 18, 2007

THE UFC

On New Years Eve the Ultimate fighting Championships(UFC) promoted a mixed martial arts card featuring a main event bout between Tito Ortiz and Chuck Liddell. The bout did over 1 million Pay Per View(PPV) buys. This made the Ortiz/Liddell bout the # 1 selling PPV of 06' surpassing all boxing and wrestling events during the year. After all the numbers were tabulated the Ortiz/Liddell bout sits at number ten on the all time PPV list trailing nine boxing matches,

I have followed the UFC since it's inception in 1993 and I have been what one would call a "hard core fan" since 2003.

I am planning a series of articles looking at how the UFC has evolved as a sport(Mixed Martial Arts) and how it's grown as a business. I also want to examine how the media has covered the UFC throughout it's existence.

Even if you are not a fight fan I think many people will find the history of the UFC fascinating.
Please come back in the coming months and give me your comments and suggestions.
Thanks for reading.















No comments: